Sunday, April 1, 2012

Priorities...a radiography of Alex

This last week I decided to rearrange my priorities. I need a new beginning. I seriously think is time. But, a real change. Like the one that happened from 2008 to 2009. A change like that. 
So, the other day while I was sitting in a bar with my laptop drinking a cup of Earl Grey and a sandwich, I decided it was time to make a change. I mean, why not? Change is always good in my life. 
I went back home, stood at my bedroom's door and started thinking how to rearrange everything to make some room for this new beginning. I started by grabbing my travel books and putting them in a bookshelf where they would all be together again: London, Rome, Venice, San Francisco, Sydney, Mexico, New York, Chicago, Beijing, Slovenia, Spain...
The photo from the Eiffel Tower is in that special portrait hand-painted by me in 2008, surrounded by that key chain that weighs a ton and decided to leave on my desk as a decorative item. 
Then, there are my DVD's...my special collection. Those movies that are perfect to watch on a sad and cloudy day (when is cloudy inside of me and/or outside). My Jamie Cullum DVD next to the James Blunt's one, the 6th, 7th, 8th and 9th seasons of Friends (cuz I need some more cash to buy the rest :P) and some romantic comedies that have inspired this blog's entries and some writing on paper made by myself a few years ago and still nowadays. 
Then, tons and tons of photos. The one that my brother gave us where's my dad next to his car waving at the camera and another one from my first day at kindergarten; then my two granny plushies that represent both of my grandmothers. My Beauty and the Beast porcelain figures and some more photographs from friends and members of the Street Team. Quite a journey, a nice way to represent those memorable moments from my life that are so dear to me. And then...perfumes and the plushie of the Alsacien stork that my brother got me from France in 2009. 
The cork wall! My cork wall has seen everything during these past 16 years of my being in this house here in Buenos Aires' west zone. Now is covered with indie stuff: from bands to ordinary people, an Italian flag, a poem by Jorge Luis Borges (El enamorado) and my favorite one from EE Cummings (Somewhere I have never traveled) that I know by heart. Some Broadway musicals posters: Close to normal, Wicked, Hair, Jersey Boys, The Lion king, Beauty and the Beast, Sweet Charity, Hairspray, How to succeed in business without really trying, The Book of Mormon, Rent and The Sound of music. 
And then the artistic corner of my desk: My Nutella jar with Sharpies, scissors and some pencils. 
I even have a tea set in my room just in case I get thirsty at some point of the day. Is my emergency-tea-kit. It has saccarin (Sucaryl and Splenda) and drink coasters, among with a Twinings metal jar with some different teas to choose from. (I'm a tea freak!)
My three cameras keep me company next to my bed next to my H2$ Playbill with Darren Criss on the cover (is framed of course). 
Then, I have three plushies of giraffes. One that my dad bought me when I came back from Europe, another one that I bought a few months ago and the last one that is a key chain. I also have a rubber with the shape of a giraffe that dad brought me from Europe in 2005. (still in its original package). 
And then...BOOKS, BOOKS AND BOOKS! Pride and prejudice, The Notebook, Rosie O'Dunne, Marley and me, The host, The Hunger games and Invisible. (and tons more that are in different languages including Spanish, Slovene, Italian, French and, of course, English. 
My glasses lay on top of the last book that I'm supposed to finish reading and then there's my "London fund"jar where I put coins and money to start saving for my next trip. I have no clue how much money I have in it...
And then, last but not least, my laptop. Mainly filled with indie music and novels still in development and some others being corrected in the process. And then, photos and tutorials, editing programs and that's it. What music am I listening to? Adele, Alessi's Ark, Bon Iver, Charlene Kaye, Courtney Marie Andrews, Dustin O'Halloran, Final Fantasy, Fleet Foxes, Freelance Whales, a selection of Glee songs that I like, The Honey Trees, Jamie Cullum, Jim and the Povolos, Lost in the trees, some Lady Gaga, Mariee Sioux, Meg Baird, Midlake, Mimicking birds, Mountain man, Panic! at the disco, Vampire Weekend, Parachute, Queen, Río en medio, La Roux, Semi precious weapons, Shoot the freak, some Team Starkid songs and..Young the giant. 
So, where's the change? Everywhere! Life is amazing for me right now. My room is the living image of who I am and what I love. I'm a geeky creature. While some others looooooove going out at night to dance and drink until they pass out, I prefer to read a nice book next to a nice and warm cup of tea, watch an independent movie, go to museums and film festivals, to plays and just go to a bar and have a meal while writing stuff like these. Yeah, I've always been like this. Why change into some costume that just doesn't go with me? I like this costume that I have on me. It's me in a 100%. Maybe a lot of people don't get me or think that I'm kind of an antisocial loner but hey, who says that I have to be like the rest of the people my age? 

No comments: