Wednesday, May 4, 2011

A greater future awaits for me...

Yesterday while watching a silly TV program (a lame talk show) without realizing it, I was thinking as a psychologist, giving my honest answers to a TV screen while my mother sat next to me. It was weird because; it happens that I sometimes regret leaving my psychology studies. It's like on the one hand my head screams PSYCHOLOGY whilst the other part of my head screams ENGLISH TRANSLATOR. And I came to the idea of: ENGLISH PSYCHOLOGIST. Because, you'll see, I've come to that point where everybody's going to London either to study or travel and I'm stuck here. My entire life was surrounded by the idea of my living abroad. I know every corner of London without even being there in my life. And it brings me to tears to see that as a distant future. My mom tells me to stop fantasizing about it, but, I feel it closer than ever. I even asked to get my new passport for my birthday! I feel in my heart that this can't wait any longer. I remember planning a family trip back in 2007 for the European winter, but it never happened. And then my dad died and that seemed farer than ever. So, now I just want to get the money, buy the ticket and inhale the English culture. Is it a bad thing?
I don't fit here, sometimes I feel like the real me is hidden somewhere inside of me; and it kills me. I have this weird sensation that I was born for greater things, maybe is a weird and ridiculous thing but not right now. I've started writing my first short stories in ENGLISH at the early age of 11. I mean, who does that...having Spanish as a mother tongue? Nothing shared those same hobbies with me. I used to perform those mini plays if you want, alone in my room, night after night, pretending to be a famous actress, planning a future, planning to get a book published. And here I am. I somehow feel like my dad is guiding me; telling me: "go for it!" because he was like me in that way. So, who knows? I'm just planning to take all my exams at University in order to be able to have those three months free to travel to Europe or USA. I just need to speak English 24/7. English is the blood in my veins! :D

No comments: